Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby Pink...

Hi all - this is a card I have made for a friend who has just had... you guessed it! A Baby Girl!! This friend loves Shabby Chic, so after checking out the style on the net I decide on pinks and greens, then used my u-beaut SU colour wheel to choose which green went best with Pretty in Pink. Don't know if I like it that much. I had an idea in my head and it hasn't quite turned out the way I imagined. Half way through I decided that it would look better with the base card turned so that it opened sidways and made the trim and the little word window (which then run along the ribbon, along the bottom) and I was thinking this is looking great - then realised (or forgot) that I had made the dress for the end result orientation and it just wouldn't fit the other way!!! So anyway please give me your verdict LOL.

Check out Karen's - she has made a card for this same friend in the Shabby Chic style and hers is soooo beautiful!!! - Karen has really caught the essence of the Shabby Chic.

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Deb, this card is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colours and dress is so cute.

Kylie said...

Deb, Your card is sooooooo cute and super pretty!
Love it!!!!
Take Care
~Kylie~

Unknown said...

It's so cute.The colours are great together.

Welcome

Hi to you all and welcome to my blog.

If you would like to email me regarding anything on my blog, then please use email listed in 'View my complete profile' section.

Many thanks and hope you enjoy my blog...... :)