Friday, March 6, 2009

Punch Challenge...

Hi all - here is a card that I made for a Team Challenge. We were challenged to do something creative with punches.

I had thought and thought about it for a week or two but not actually sat down to give it a go.... Then one arvo while waiting for a friend to turn up, I sat playing with some scraps and some punches sitting on the table (no, I usually don't get round to cleaning up after I play LOL) I was playing with the idea of how one punches a shape (in this case, the scallop) then re-inserts it, turns it slightly, and punches again. And before I knew it, with the use of the Spring Flower Bouquet punch also, I had these lovely flowers sitting on the table beside me!!!!

The grass is cut free hand and the sky (can't see it too clearly) has been sponged with Whisper White to look like clouds (another idea I had seen ages ago and took a few goes ie: binned pieces LOL, to get it to look how I wanted).

I was really please with how the card turned out in the end.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow that looks really good. I love playing with punches, I gotta try it. TFS

Debbie Pamment said...

Gorgeous work Debbie - I too end up with a few bits in the bin when I try new things - but the end reslut was well worth it!!!

Leigh said...

Fabulous Deb. I love it.

Welcome

Hi to you all and welcome to my blog.

If you would like to email me regarding anything on my blog, then please use email listed in 'View my complete profile' section.

Many thanks and hope you enjoy my blog...... :)