Wednesday, August 19, 2009

18th Birthday....

This is the card I made for my DH's nephew. I am really pleased with how it turned out 'cause while I was making it, I kept thinking that it was something that I could easily overdo and I didn't have time to start again (was, typically me, making it before going to the party LOL). So was very glad that with each step I did, I didn't ruin it LOL. It really was a struggle... Trust me!! This would have been a great card for a challenge I saw a couple of weeks ago somewhere on the world wide web where the challenge was for no layers. I had thought at the time, no way, not possible LOL but looky here.. I have done it! I have made a card with no layers. (not counting the 'L')

I got the template from the 'Time for Crafting' website
here. They have a lot of great template ideas.



7 comments:

Robyn said...

This looks great Deb! Love the starry background on the 8!! Hope you had fun at the party!

Leonie said...

Wow Debbie, this is fantastic, boy cards are so hard, and 18th's even more so, you have hit the nail on teh head!

Debbie Pamment said...

Just AMAZING!!! You have done a GREAT job with this - my daughter turns 18 next year - may have to either borrow this idea or get you to make one for me - LOL.
xXx

Fiona Harrison said...

What a fabulous card, love the collage effect! Bet the recipient is thrilled with it.

Jean McKenzie said...

This is excellent Deb!! I would find it very hard to think of a card for an 18 year old. This is perfect and I must keep it in mind!! Love how you have stamped it too.

Leigh said...

Excellent card Debbie. You do these sorts of cards really well.

Kylie said...

This is soooooooooo cool Deb, love everything about your card, very clever!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Welcome

Hi to you all and welcome to my blog.

If you would like to email me regarding anything on my blog, then please use email listed in 'View my complete profile' section.

Many thanks and hope you enjoy my blog...... :)