Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mel's Weekly Challenge

Here's my card for Mel's Weekly Challenge - this week it was a colour challenge using Handsome Hunter, Yoyo Yellow, Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red. I have wanted to try the Split Negative idea from SCS for a while now and thought this colour scheme was a good one to try it with. My sister, who was over 'playing', said they were Christmas colours, hence the Christmas sentiment. (In hindsight, I could have used a Chrissy tree then!!! LOL - Hindsight is such a wonderful thing!)
Have I broken the rules by using gold embossing????

Stamps used: Looks Like Spring and Occasional Greetings.
Extras: Clear and Gold Embossing Powder, Black Brads, Dimensionals, Crimper, Paper Piercer and Mat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great card, I have to try that split negative tech. one day.

Welcome

Hi to you all and welcome to my blog.

If you would like to email me regarding anything on my blog, then please use email listed in 'View my complete profile' section.

Many thanks and hope you enjoy my blog...... :)