Friday, March 28, 2008

A Little Something....




Hi again - here is an idea that I cased off SCS - The tutorial shows the colours for the background being applied using a brayer but I don't have one but really liked the effect so I just used my SU ink spots - my coloured areas are smaller and more of them but I am really really happy with how the background turned out. Also they have embossed their background stamps using white embossing powder halfway through the brayering process but since I didn't have white, I did mine right at the beginning on the white card stock using clear embossing powder. The first one was my trial run and I really looooved it! So I tried it again using different colours - not so happy - so then I did it again using the colours I liked but a different stamp set. The plum ones were birthday cards for two SU demonstrators and the green one I'm saving for someone else. Absolutely love the background effect! Will definitely try it again sometime. All supplies are Stampin' Up! I'm so proud of myself (for using only SU stuff LOL)

4 comments:

Kylie said...

WOW, Deb your cards are soooooooooo stunning! I love it!
Great job, can't wait to see more!
~Take Care~
Kylie XX

Jean McKenzie said...

Deb it looks like you are having fun with trying background techniques etc. I love seeing different backgrounds and my favourite here is the green one - looks so good with those pretty little daisies!

Cheers, Jean

Karen said...

Yep - just love these Deb! The background just adds something really special to the cards - your doing great!!

Karen

Leigh said...

These are sooooo good Deb. Fantastic backgrounds. Love those cards.

Welcome

Hi to you all and welcome to my blog.

If you would like to email me regarding anything on my blog, then please use email listed in 'View my complete profile' section.

Many thanks and hope you enjoy my blog...... :)